It’s one of my favorite times of the year. The birds tune up their summer song, wildflowers unleash their warm weather beauty, bees hum and crickets chirp. Everything in nature is just begging to be explored! Are you ready to join in some epic outside play?
It’s time to get outside for some family fun! Outside play is so, so important for child development. In fact, outdoor play is essential for healthy kids. But sometimes, moms need a few outside play ideas to up the fun factor!
My little guy loves spending time outdoors. He enjoys exploring, playing in his sandbox, and occasionally chasing chickens. But, it’s always nice to have a special outside game or activity to keep him giggling with delight. It’s all about getting inspired with a few new outside play ideas!
I put together this list of outside play hacks, just for you! I know it’s not always easy to keep kids outside in the heat, so these genius backyard ideas are the perfect solution for encouraging outside play.
Seriously, why didn’t I think of these first? Read on for fourteen incredible backyard play ideas!
Outside Play Ideas and Hacks for Family Fun
- DIY Kid Bike Wash Drive Through Sprinkler – from Momfluential
- Giant Backyard Jenga DIY Project– from A Beautiful Mess
- Jumbo Summer Twister Game– from Eucharisteo
- Parachute Roof for Your Trampoline – from Rave and Review
- Sandbox from an Old Tire – from I Heart Naptime
- DIY Outdoor Water Wall– from TinkerLab
- Backyard Race Car Track– from the Whoot
- Homemade Butterfly Feeder– from eHow
- Create Bubbles that Bounce with this Recipe– from Play at Home Mom
- Outdoor Summer Reading Nook– from Vintage Revivals
- Backyard Climbing Wall– from Impatiently Crafty
- Tightrope for Kids– from Kids Activities Blog
- Beanbag Ladder Toss– Landee See Landee Do
- Outdoor Chalkboard Fence– The Good Life
While we’re on the subject of outdoor play, can I tell you about a super-helpful resource I’ve created? If you’re looking for the perfect combination of early learning, outdoor play, and Bible learning, check out my Bible curriculum for toddlers and preschoolers!
The God’s World curriculum is designed to make it easy to teach your child God’s Word. Plus, as a former teacher, I’ve integrated key early learning skills into each activity.
You won’t find any boring worksheets in this bundle. Instead, I’ve put the focus on the whole-child learning strategies that are most effective for young kids. This curriculum provides a month’s worth of hands-on outdoor activities which will:
1.) get you and your toddler out into the sunshine
2.) build curiosity, critical thinking, and creative thinking skills
3.) encourage an appreciation for God’s beautiful creation!
This curriculum is perfect for adding another layer of fun to your little one’s outside play. Try it out! No worries, I have a 100% money-back guarantee if it’s not the right fit for you.
I seriously can’t wait to try out a few of these outside play ideas! Do you have a favorite hack to make outdoor play more fun? Share with me!