Have you ever had one of those days? Your time is running short, your kids are running the halls, and you are running out of patience? We’ve all been there, it’s part of the package that comes with motherhood sometimes. And I’m OK with that! These are character molding times y’all.
So what do you do with a day that seems to go all wrong?
It seems to me you have two simple choices:
1. Let it slide and spend the rest of the day wishin’ and hopin’ tomorrow turns out better.
2. Take action! Be proactive and turn the day around with these 5 second fixes to be a better mom.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Of course I only recommend products I know and love!
Be sure to grab the free printable version of this post! Enter your email below to download the file, then slap that baby on your fridge!
RELATED: Click here to enroll in a FREE webinar
: How to get kids to listen without nagging, reminding, or yelling.
Don’t miss a chance to join parenting expert Amy McCready of Positive Parenting Solutions
for a powerful, FUN, interactive, answer-filled hour of tools you can start using IMMEDIATELY in your home.
Be a Better Mom, One Small Moment at a Time
Here’s the thing, we often think it’s the big, epic moments that chart our course as a mom. Be 100% mom 100% of the time. Be the mom that does it ALL.
GREAT moms know this secret: it’s the small moments that matter most. A few seconds of being intentional will quickly add up to make your kids feel valued and loved in your home.
I know your day is full and your to do list is long. But I also know this. Being a better mom isn’t rocket science. You can start with just 5 seconds of being intentional with your attention and affection. It’s as simple as that!
Have you tried my early learning Bible curriculum packs? Get a whole month of early learning fun, planned for you, ready to go, and all wrapped up in a meaningful, faith-filled theme. Learn more at the shop!
It’s time to turn your day around, mama!
- Give an Eskimo kiss
- Start a tickle fight
- Say “You’re so kind.”
- Say “I like the way you did that.”
- Race the grocery cart down an empty aisle
- Make up a secret handshake
- Gaze at the moon before you enter the house at night
- Take a deep breath and count to five together
- Ask “What are you thankful for today?”
- Dance in the car at a stoplight
- Race to the nearest tree
- Give a hug
- Make shadow puppets on the wall
- Bring your child iced tea or hot chocolate just because
- Have a silly face contest
- Sing the ABC song as fast as you possibly can
- Make funny animal sounds
- Watch an ant hard at work
- Splash in a puddle
- Doodle a silly drawing
- Look into their eyes when you speak to them
- Start a staring contest
- Share a piece of chocolate
- Play a speed round of Simon says
- Help them find a book to read
- Jump on the bed together
- Write down Grandma’s phone number and let them call her
- Scratch their back
- Bring them a pillow to prop their feet up
- Give a silly wink
- Whistle a tune
- Do the “wheelbarrow” walk
- Tell a joke
- Give a high five
- Say “I love you.”
If your day is looking a little uninspired, take action!
You can be a better mom today.
All it takes are a few small moments all bundled together to make an intentional impact on your family.
Start small! Which 5 second fix will you try first?
Parenting is hard. Looking for a step-by-step plan to raise curious, creative kids? Let’s do it together! Learn why and how you can raise lifelong learners. Find out more here.