Inside: Sick and tired of eczema breakouts on your baby or toddler? I’ve battled eczema with both my children, and we love pure, simple soaps and eczema remedies to soothe their skin. Don’t worry, I’ve done the research for you, mama. Find the best baby soap for eczema for fast, natural relief!
Eczema is one of those things you don’t pay any attention to… until those first angry red patches show up on your baby.
And then suddenly it’s everything.
I don’t know about you, but when my firstborn’s eczema first flared up I spent every night reading every blog, eBook, and article I could.
And in those days of “nerding out” over eczema I learned a lot!
But I also learned that experience is the greatest teacher. What works for one child’s eczema may not work for another!
In fact, my son’s eczema didn’t show up until we started supplementing with cow’s milk around eight months old. But my daughter’s eczema presented at just a few months old, and she was breastfed exclusively for over a year!
Eczema is one of the mysteries of the universe.
But mystery or not, your mama’s heart want to ease the discomfort for your child, right?
The final piece of our eczema treatment puzzle was finally finding the best soap for babies with eczema.
Today’s baby soaps are anything but gentle. In fact, they’re packed with fragrance and chemicals that can seriously damage your child’s delicate skin!
That’s why switching to a baby soap for eczema is one of the easiest and most inexpensive things you can do to help heal your child’s skin.
Listen, mama. I’ve done the research for you so you can get back to healing up that eczema fast! This is your ultimate guide to the best soap for babies with eczema.
Let’s get your toddler’s or baby’s eczema in check, starting now!
Before you Start
Before you find your new favorite baby soap for eczema, keep these tips in mind.
- Try one new thing at a time. This will help you narrow down what is actually working and not working for your child’s eczema.
- Be careful to keep these soaps away from your child’s eyes. Most aren’t “tear free” like most baby soaps!
- Try smoothing on extra virgin, organic coconut oil while your child’s skin is still wet after the bath. This helps lock in even more moisture.
- Always pat dry, don’t rub or irritate the skin if possible.
You’ll Also Love:
- Baby Eczema Coconut Oil Treatment + 4 More Natural Cures!
- WaterWipes Baby Wipes (My Honest Review!)
- Minimalist Essentials for the New Baby
The Best Baby Soap for Eczema for Fast Healing!
Here’s your itty bitty disclaimer: Not every soap on this list is budget-friendly. However many of them are! Plus when you start to be proactive about treating your child’s skin with the right soap, you may be able to skip those expensive brand-name eczema creams in the drugstore. I’ve found that spending a tiny bit more on good soap saves us a bunch in the long run!
With that in mind, let’s get “nerdy” and find the best soap to heal your child’s eczema!
Castile Soap for Eczema
Castile soaps use plant oils as the base. Olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil also fall types of castile soap.
I like to think about it this way… Would I eat the main ingredient?
I cook with these oils all the time, so it only makes sense that I would use these to soothe my child’s eczema!
Castile Soap Benefits:
Castile soap is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and the good kind of fatty acids. This means that these kinds of soaps have many benefits for your child’s skin!
- Castile soap contains natural glycerin, which helps lock in moisture, even from the air!
- It doesn’t block pores to help the skin breathe and heal.
- The antibacterial nature of these organic plant oils heal and protect your child’s skin.
Our Favorite Castile Soaps:
- Era-Organics Natural Castile Soap Baby Wash
- Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Pure Castile Bar Soap
- Quinn’s Pure Castile Organic Liquid Soap
Our Top Pick: Kirk’s Original Fragrance Free Castile Soap
I’ve been using Kirk’s Castile Soap for years with my kids. It’s inexpensive, super gentle, and it works!
Tea Tree Soap for Eczema
You may have heard about tea tree essential oil, but did you know you can use it in a soap as well?
The oil possesses antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
Because of it’s potency, some skin types may have a reaction to the oil itself. Try out a small lather of tea tree oil soap on your tot or baby’s foot before you bathe him completely with tea tree oil soap.
Tea Tree Oil Soap Benefits:
- It speeds up the wound healing process, which helps when your child itches the eczema rash.
- Tea tree oil soap can help prevent eczema flare ups from getting infected due to the antiviral and antibacterial nature.
- It won’t dry out the skin like soaps with harsh chemicals.
Our Favorite Tea Tree Oil Soaps:
- SoapWorks Tea Tree Soap Bar
- Aleva Naturals 2-in-1 Tea Tree Oil Hair and Body Wash
- Dr. Woods Pure Tea Tree Soap with Organic Shea Butter
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Tea Tree Bar Soap
Our Top Pick: California Baby Tea Tree and Lavender Shampoo and Body Wash
This 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash from California Baby has it all! Organic natural oils including tea tree oil, plus zero synthetic fragrance make this a smart choice for your baby’s sensitive skin.
Sunflower Seed Oil Soap
If you haven’t jumped on the sunflower bandwagon, it’s time to get on! I first learned about the awesome power of sunflower seeds as an alternative to peanut butter.
My daughter is allergic to eggs, peanuts, and tree nuts so I was desperate to find a peanut butter alternative she could feast on. I stumbled on an amazing sunflower seed butter and learned how amazing sunflower seeds are for the whole body!
Sunflower Seed Oil Soap Benefits:
- Sunflower seed oil soap is full of Vitamin E, which helps fight off free radicals from your child’s skin.
- It absorbs easily into the skin, making it perfect for sensitive babies and toddlers.
- Sunflower seed oil helps reduce inflammation from chronic eczema flareups.
Our Favorite Sunflower Seed Oil Soaps:
Our Top Pick: Santa Monica Soap Co. Handmade Soap
This sunflower oil soap is sure to add much needed hydration to your little one’s skin!
Goats Milk Soap for Eczema
Another development in the eczema fighting soap arena is goat’s milk soap. It’s rich in all the antioxidant vitamins your child’s skin needs.
Plus the moisturizing elements are completely natural. No synthetic moisturizers needed!
Goat Milk Soap Benefits:
- Goat milk contains acids such as lactic acid which helps remove dead skin cells from your child’s skin.
- It’s high in Vitamin A, the same stuff your wrinkle cream contains! For your baby this means faster repair for damaged skin.
- Goat milk is rich in fatty acids, and it naturally contains glycerin which moisturizes your child’s skin.
Our Favorite Goat Milk Soaps:
- Legend’s Creek Farm Unscented Goat Milk Soap
- Handmade Goat Milk Oatmeal ‘n Honey Soap
- Sunaroma Conditioning Goat’s Milk Bar Soap
Our Top Pick: Natural Oatmeal & Honey Goats Milk Soap
This Natural Oatmeal & Honey Creamy Goats Milk Soap is full of tons of skin-soothing ingredients!
Ready to give these eczema baby soaps a try? Will you go for castile soap? Or maybe try sunflower or goats milk soap?
Every child’s skin is different, but I know there’s hop for your child’s eczema!
Share with us below: What have you learned about battling your child’s eczema?