Some girls like jewelry. Some girls like manicures and spa days.
Me? If you need me, I’ll be in my backyard, with the breeze in my hair and the sun on my face, playing with my little dude.
We recently moved into a new house. While we love the house itself, can I share a secret with you? We bought it for the backyard. I’ve found my happy place, y’all.
Gorgeous trees, fuzzy baby cows to visit with by the back fence, and plenty of shade all day long. It’s almost perfection.
But our backyard was missing something!
This past weekend, we decided to whip together this DIY circle swing on a budget. Take a peek at our process, and learn how to make yours fast. It only takes an hour or so, and you’ll be swinging in your happy place too!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Materials and Tips:
- Circle shaped wood scrap, pre-made wood round, or plastic round swing. (Hint: you can definitely build your own circular piece for cheaper, but if you want an even easier DIY circle swing project, just grab a pre-made circular swing seat. I happened to have a scrap piece of wood in a circle shape leftover from a wood counter top I made for our bathroom vanity.)
- Rope (You’ll need about 1.5 times the distance from the ground to your tree limb.)
- Drill (We have this tool kit set and it does the job nicely.)
- 1/4 inch Drill bit (Use this to drill the pilot hole in the center.)
- Paddle or spade drill bit ( I used a 1 inch bit, be sure to grab one with just a slightly wider diameter than your rope.)
- Polyurethane or exterior paint.
- A bit of gumption, a bit of sunshine, and a free hour on the weekend!
And there we go! It’s simple, quick, and the perfect spot to enjoy the trees and fresh air.
It’s not fancy, but I’ve found my happy place. Make one yourself this weekend!
Share with me below, what is your favorite backyard addition to create your own “happy place?”