Inside: Searching for Montessori toys for your toddler or preschooler? These classic toys will inspire beauty in every day. You’ll love this list of hand-picked Montessori-inspired toys for your child!
Close your eyes. Now imagine your most happy place. Whether it’s a beach, the mountains, a favorite chair and a good book, or your own backyard, chances are it shares one characteristic.
Isn’t it beautiful?
Now, if you dare, close your eyes one more time. Imagine your child’s playroom, bedroom, or learning space. Does the word simplicity come to mind?
What about clutter, over-stimulation, or noisy?
Yeah, I’m with you on that one. If you’re like me, you know its way too easy to add more toys, pile on the clutter, and stuff it all in a toy box. If your kids are like my kid, their brains are most likely just as overloaded as that toy box.
Everything in our culture conspires to keep this secret from you:
Our kids crave simplicity, too.
Not a bazillion blinking, loud, shoddily made toys. Not more “learning” games and apps. Nope.
Get instant imagination-boosters with my printable pack 101 Screen Free Ideas!
What I admire about the Maria Montessori approach to education is the fierceness with which she clings to this rare idea of simplicity.
It all starts with the quantity and quality of toys that you give your children.
- 10 Simple Steps to Limit Screen Time
- The 10 Best Preschool Toys to Explode Your Child’s Creativity
- 10 Best Building Toys for Your Little Builder
With that in mind, here are 10+ Montessori toys for your baby, toddler, or preschooler. The best part is, you can buy these directly on Amazon! (Can I get an amen for Amazon Prime anybody?) Read on, and find the perfect Montessori toy to bring simplicity, beauty, and peace to your child’s play space.
Looking for toys to encourage creativity? Watch your child’s creativity explode with these creative play preschool toys!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
10+ of the Best Montessori Toys Available on Amazon
Now, it’s time for some #momhomework, my friend! If you’re ready to add simplicity and beauty to your child’s play experience, I dare you to do the following.
- Weed out or donate any toy that blinks or makes obnoxious noises, especially that one that plays an annoying song over and over.
- Get rid of toys that only have one use. (aka active toys or closed ended toys)
- Carefully select toys – like the ones above- to give your children an enriching play environment. Request quality toys for birthdays or holidays. Montessori toys are a great place to begin. Start creating a culture of simplicity!
Don’t forget this one secret: kid’s crave simplicity, too. Now, go forth and simplify, mama!