Inside: Steal these easy DIY Space Birthday Party Ideas for kids! Get ready to blast off!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a small commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Of course, I only recommend products I know and love!
My super-cute nephew just celebrated birthday number two. He’s growing up so fast!
To celebrate her big boy’s birthday, my sister and brother-in-law threw him a super-fun space themed birthday party. This is how it went down. Check out their awesome ideas below!
You’ll Also Love:
- Easy DIY Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas (Free Printable)
- One Year Old Photos: 5 Fast DIY Tips for the 1st Birthday Photoshoot!
- The 10 Best Preschool Toys to Explode Your Child’s Creativity
Amazing Space Birthday Party Ideas You’ll Love!
Blast-Off Birthday Cake
Happy Birthday! Cooper loved his rocket cake! To create a similar effect at home, bake a sheet cake, and use blue sprinkles on top of blue icing. Then pipe on the rocket shape and stars.
Or, make this amazing galaxy birthday cake at home!
Jet Packs and Laser Guns
Jet packs and laser blasters anyone? The kids really enjoyed (maybe a bit too much!) squirting each other and their moms and dads with their laser blaster water guns.
These jet packs were so simple to make:
- Tape soda bottles together.
- Spray paint silver.
- Use orange and yellow tissue paper for flames.
- Add strings to loop around their shoulders.
Rocket Photo Booth
This DIY rocket photo booth was a huge hit!
- We used insulation foam board to make a box (with the back side removed).
- Then painted the whole box blue with spray paint.
- Next was cut out white poster board for the rocket and trim out with red paint.
- Glue it to the box except for a few inches on the bottom.
- Finally added tissue paper flames underneath and white paper stars in the sky. So cute!
Rocket Art Space
My sister put together this cute space-inspired drawing area.
- Put black poster board over an easel or stand.
- Draw rockets or planets with neon crayons to get the kids inspired.
- Add glow in the dark star stickers. Major fun!
Moon Sand Play Space
To keep all those kiddos busy, we set out a large tarp for a moon sand play area.
To make moon sand: combine 8 cups flour + 1 cup baby oil. Add in a bunch of space toys and trucks and you’re good to go!
DIY Bottle Rockets
This was the best part of the day. We made bottle rockets!
These are much easier than they look:
- Fill film canisters halfway with water.
- Drop in half of an alka seltzer tab in each canister.
- Seal the lid and flip over. And…BLAST-OFF!
Ours went as least 40 ft. in the air. It was so much fun!
We had so much fun at my nephew’s space birthday party!
Talk to me! What are your best birthday theme ideas for your little ones! Let’s chat in the comments below.