I don’t know about you, but I live in Florida. In the summer, it gets hot.
Like “It’s 9 AM and it’s 99 degrees in the shade.” hot.
“Is it normal that the soles of my shoes are melting?” hot.
And, “I’m sure it’s perfectly civilized to wear a bathing suit to Walmart, dear.” hot.
Yep, it’s hot. Thankfully, we’ve got Water Wednesday to look forward to every week. (Hey, I might make every day water day, too!) I’ve scoured the internet for 10 of the most crazy, fun ideas that you can steal for Water Wednesday. Your kid’s summer schedule is just begging for these!
Hey, if you’re taking the epic summer challenge with me (and you should!), be sure to download your free summer schedule printable below! This simple weekly planner will help you get organized and be intentional about making this a summer to remember with your kids!
Need more summer fun inspiration? Check here!
Before you run outside, keep in mind these three tips to make Water Wednesday fun and safe!
- Try to stay out of the sun between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM when the sun’s rays are the strongest.
- Choose “broad spectrum” sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Drink 5-7 ounces of cool (not ice-cold) water every 15-20 minutes.
10 Crazy Fun Ideas for Water Wednesday
- DIY Water Ramp– from Epic Childhood
- Tin Foil River– from Camo and Bows
- Rainbow Ice Cube Painting– from Things to Share and Remember
- DIY Water Table for Under $15– from Barefeet on the Dashboard
- PVC Tricycle Car Wash– from Design Mom
- Lego Water Wheel– from Frugal Fun for Boys
- DIY Water Blasters– from Mom Endeavors
- Hula Hoop Sprinkler– from PB&J Stories
- DIY Dunk Bucket– from The Happy Housewife
- Water Balloon Jousting– from Ziggity Zoom
Are you ready to beat the heat this summer? I can’t wait to try out these genius ideas with my little guy.
Tell me, what are your go-to activities for summer water play? Share your ideas below!
Are you ready to make this summer epic? Don’t forget to download your free printable summer schedule below!