Inside: Need some inspiration, mama? Think on these worthy ideas to be encouraged in your motherhood and parenting! These bible verses for parenting will give you hope on your worst day and add joy to your best day. Be sure to grab the free printable of these scriptures on parenting to keep these beautiful reminders on your fridge!
Hey there, mama! Slow down. Breathe.
Chances are, you found this page today because you need something. You need more than a little positive thought. More than a funny parenting meme to brighten your day.
I think deep down we all crave worthy ideas. We’ve had enough of click bait articles and fake news.
All the sarcasm and wit in the world doesn’t help a lick when you’re in the thick of it as a parent.
What we really want is to think on something that’s, well… True.
After all, what we really need is a lot less self-help and lot more Jesus.
With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of Bible verses for parenting that will both convict and refresh you as a mom. They’ll bring you grace and truth for both your worst and your best days.
Listen, God’s word is living and active! Pray these verses over yourself. Listen to what the Holy Spirit is guiding you to do in your motherhood.
And be sure to grab the free Scriptures for parenting printables so that you can keep God’s word on your mind throughout the day!
You Might Also Like:
- Nine Beautiful Ways to be a Better Mom
- 7 Powerful Phrases to be a Happy Mom
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Other Moms with these Three Simple Habits
- Build your Family on the Rock with these Biblical Parenting Principles!
25 Encouraging Bible Verses for Parenting
I know what you and I really need is an encouraging word that is real, true, and life-giving.
Memorize them. Talk about them over dinner! Let these Scriptures for parenting have power in your life as a mom!
Related: Six Secrets Why Your Toddler Really Can (and Should!) Memorize Scripture
Here are 25 of my favorite Bible verses for moms to give you courage for the journey!
- Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report … think on these things. Philippians 4:8
- And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12: 9
- Discipline your children, and they will give you peace; they will bring you the delights you desire. Proverbs 29: 17
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1: 7
- But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40: 31
- Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10: 22-23
- Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8: 5-6
- Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. Proverbs 13: 24
- Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3: 21-24
- No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12: 11
- Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3: 1-2
- Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22: 6
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15: 13
- Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 1 Peter 5: 2-3
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6: 33-34
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4: 6-7
- For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. Titus 2: 11-12
- Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 127: 3-5
- And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. 2 John 1: 6
- Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6: 5-7
- We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. Isaiah 43: 2
- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10: 5
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3: 23
- Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. Ephesians 5: 1
What are your favorite Bible verses to encourage and equip you in your parenting? How do you keep God’s word at the center of your journey? Scroll down to share your thoughts on these Scriptures for parenting in the comments!
And don’t forget to pin this image for later!
These are so encouraging! Thank you so much for sharing!
Love all those verses listed. So good. I like to put my boys names in verses I’m praying for them. These are two of my favorites:
“And all your [spiritual] children shall be disciples [taught by the Lord and obedient to His will], and great shall be the peace and undisturbed composure of your children.
Isaiah 54:13 AMPC
“Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.”
Ephesians 3:17 NLT