Inside: Struggling to find yourself? Need an outlet from the everyday routine with kids? You’ll love these amazing hobbies for stay at home moms! Whether you’re looking to make some money on the side or just have fun and reconnect with your passions, these stay at home mom activities are the perfect solution.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a small commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Of course, I only recommend products I know and love!
Can I be honest? Full disclosure, here. I’m not a huge fan of the newborn stage.
I know, I know… Newborns have the softest cheeks and the sweetest smiles. But truly, when my kids were newborns I just felt so…not me.
You can relate I’m sure.
With all the focus and attention that goes into caring for a baby, it’s really easy to lose yourself in the process.
Do I love those little cheeks and smiles? A thousand times yes! And I’d do anything for my children…
But in my own journey as a stay at home mom, I’ve realized two things:
- It’s healthy to have fulfilling activities and hobbies that are just for me.
- I don’t have to feel guilty one bit. God wants me steward what He gives me!
God’s grace is more than enough to help me “find myself” in Him and give me strength to care for my children and family as well. He’s created me as a multi-faceted woman, with gifts and strengths that apply both in and out of motherhood.
I’m not one-dimensional. And that’s a good thing.
Guess what, mama? You’re not one-dimensional either.
Ready to steward your talents, find a creative outlet, or feel more fulfilled? You’ll love these stay at home mom activities!
Wondering when you’ll actually have time to try any of these hobbies for stay at home moms? Finding time for yourself can be tough when you’re home with the kids.
Honestly, getting my kids into predictable routines has been life-changing. Knowing that I can depend on chunks of alone time throughout the day helps me to be more present with my children. Plus I always have my own independent time everyday for fulfilling hobbies!
Check out my Everyday Calm eBook and printable pack to makeover your SAHM routine and make time to nurture yourself!
You’ll Also Love:
- (Free Printable) 25 Amazing Bible Verses for Parenting
- Nine Beautiful Ways to Be a Better Mom
- 50+ Family Fun Activities at Home to Build a Stronger Family
How to Find Fulfilling Stay at Home Mom Activities
There are so many amazing ways to feel fulfilled as a stay at home mom.
When I think about the activities I love to do as a stay at home mom, they usually fall into these categories.
- Activities that help support my family financially.
- Activities that hone a skill or develop my creative gifts.
- Activities that boost my self-care or motivate healthy living.
- Activities that feed my soul or let me encourage others.
What do all of these hobbies or activities have in common? They fill up my bucket. They help me feel connected to my purpose. They keep me moving on my mission.
Many of the activities I’ve listed below have the potential to earn money for your family. But even if they never earn you a cent, it’s worthwhile to do things that bring you joy!
Your list may look different than mine, and that’s OK!
Here’s the bottom line. It really doesn’t matter what you do. It matters who you do it for.
Colossians 3:23 says, ” Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men…”
As you think about stay at home mom activities you’d like to try, consider asking yourself this question. “How can I do this for the Lord? Will it honor Him?” If the answer is yes, then go for it!
50+ Hobbies for Stay at Home Moms
Alright. So you know you need a hobby. You know you want to please the Lord with how you spend your time. You know God gave you talents and abilities that you want to tap into.
But what on are you going to do?
Here are more than 50 ideas for hobbies for moms. I know one of these will prick your heart!
- Learn how to paint with watercolors.
- Knit or make cute scarves.
- Build furniture. (Or a tree house!)
- Practice the art of flower arranging.
- Write a book of poetry.
- Become a Cricut master.
- Create and sell handwritten fonts or clip art.
- Sell crafts or vintage items on Etsy.
- Bake cakes or take a cake decorating class.
- Invest in a good camera and improve your photography skills.
- Learn calligraphy or hand-lettering.
- Woodburn custom signs for your home.
- Make custom pottery for gifts.
Healthy Lifestyle Hobbies
- Join a gym that provides childcare.
- Find a podcast you love and listen while you push the stroller.
- Learn to use essential oils.
- Start a mommy running club.
- Create and sell your own natural skincare products on Etsy.
- Enroll in an online cooking class and learn new healthy recipes.
- Plant a garden to feed your family for cheap!
- Volunteer at a local garden co-op.
- Enroll in a gardening class.
- Buy a bike trailer so you can ride with kids in tow.
- Be brave and be a beekeeper.
- Buy a good baby wearing backpack and go hiking with your little one.
- Rent a mommy and me kayak and take a trip downstream.
- Start a pressed leaf or flower collection.
- Go big and train for a marathon.
- Raise chickens or goats.
- Start a YouTube channel about a topic you’re passionate about!
- Have an idea for a life-changing product? Invent it!
- Learn to code or be a website developer.
- Create an online course to teach something you’re really good at.
- Learn how to invest in stocks.
- Moderate a social forum about a topic you’re passionate about.
- Start a blog.
- Host a podcast.
- Discover your family tree.
- Learn how to speak a new language.
- Buy an inexpensive telescope and stargaze after the kids go to sleep.
- Take classes to get your degree.
- Write a memoir.
- Take an online class to learn a new instrument.
- Start a book club with your besties.
Good for Your Soul Hobbies
- Meet up with other moms for a walk n’ talk once or twice a week.
- Host a weekly Bible study and play date.
- Make wall art from family keepsakes to help you count your blessings.
- Volunteer at a shelter or nursing home.
- Curate a list of your favorite worship music.
- Find a mentor or be a mentor and meet a few time per month.
- Organize a prayer group.
- Start a gratitude journal and stick to it.
So what about you? Feeling a little not like yourself lately?
Remember that God created you with many talents and passions.
Mama, you’re not one-dimensional.
Motherhood is an amazing calling, a worthwhile calling! But is He paving a way for something else as well?
Which of these hobbies for stay at home moms speaks to you? Share with us in the comments below. We can’t wait to encourage you on your journey!