Inside: Does your kid love dinos? We recently celebrated my little guy’s 7th birthday with an incredible dinosaur birthday party! Steal my favorite easy and totally-doable dinosaur birthday party ideas. Plus grab the free printables to make your dino party ROAR!
My son is obsessed with dinosaurs. Your kid too? Then you’ll love these easy DIY dinosaur party ideas for kids.
You’ll Also Love:
- Space Themed Blast Off Birthday Party
- 40+ Ideas for One-on-One Time with Kids You Can Start Right Now!
- 20+ Best Toys for 5 Year Old Boys You Haven’t Seen
- 3 Imaginative Play Toys We Love
Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas for Kids
Steal these easy dinosaur birthday party ideas!
Dinosaur Party Decorations
For our dinosaur birthday party, I wanted decorations that were easy to create and made a BIG impact. I loved how it turned out!
I made these jungle leaves from card stock paper. The process was so simple!
- Fold the paper in half.
- Cut half of a heart shape, just like you’re making a paper heart.
- Cut triangles on the side.
- Unfold. Hole punch if needed.
You can also buy big jungle leaves on Amazon if you don’t want to make your own!
We used different shades of green, orange, and black for decoration. I grabbed some plates, tablecloths, balloons, and napkins from Dollar Tree for a steal! Use big sheets of colored tissue paper to add layers to your table setting.
My son loved the giant T-rex backdrop. Grab yours on Amazon!
Dinosaur Party Food
These dinosaur birthday party cupcakes were the star of the show. My mother-in-law whipped up a batch of her famous chocolate cupcakes, added chocolate icing on top and sprinkled them with crushed Oreo cookies. I grabbed this big bucket of tiny toy dinosaurs and put one dino on top of each cupcake.
Here’s the birthday boy!
Those tiny dinos ended up wandering all over the food table!
We had “dino bones” pretzels, and “dino tracks” sugar cookies!
To make your own sugar cookies, just use your favorite sugar cookie recipe (or do it the easy way with store-bought dough!).
Bake as directed, then use a toy dinosaur to stamp a footprint in each cookie. Let the cookies cool one minute after baking before stamping for best results!
We also had jiggly green jello, a nod to our favorite scene in Jurassic Park!
The “dino eggs” were a big hit with the kids, too!
Want to steal these cute dinosaur birthday party printables? Access these free printables and many more in the printable resource library!
Games and Fun!
We had so much fun at this dinosaur birthday party!
Try these ideas to make your party memorable…
- Make your own dinosaur feet craft.
- Have an adult dress like a dinosaur! My husband surprised the kids with this inflatable T-rex costume. They went crazy!
- Hide toy dinosaurs in a sandbox and do an “excavation.”
- Make a group mural! Have kids dip toy dino feet in paint and stamp on a long roll of art paper.
Do you love these dinosaur birthday party ideas? Share your best dino ideas with us in the comments below!
I hope your party is a roaring success!